Primary cooperative and groups benefit from the Unionâ€™s links to international networks such as:
- World Fair Trade which enforces adherence to a code of practice that includes fair payment for products, accountability and transparency, care for the environment and no use of child labour
- Cooperation for Fair Trade in Africa (Cofta)
- Kenya Federation for Alternative Trade (KeFAT)
- Women in Informal Employment: Globalizing and Organizing (WIEGO)
- We Effect: Through the MCU, We Effect targets women groups attached to Machakos Cooperative Union. So far they have established pre-schools to assist vulnerable children and allow their mothers more time to devote themselves to their businesses and develop as entrepreneurs
The SCC-Vi Agroforestry is a special cooperation programme that endeavors to contribute towards poverty reduction in Lower Eastern.